Wednesday 23 July 2008

Kitchen - Hurrah

Those of you who have visited my house will have seen the sorry state my kitchen is, the bare concrete floor has laid naked for over 16 years, due in part to my lazyness and my 'it's my kitchen' attitude. So now or rather over the last few weeks, I have attempted to rectify this with laminate.


Slowly over many nights and afternoons I have slithered back and forth across my increasingly new floor clipping down this 'quick lock' laminate flooring. For those who know and those who don't, well you may find out how 'quick' it is. But i digress, the kitchen has now arisen from the drab partial mess it was to maybe 90% complete. Bit of electrical work needed.

So now i have laminate flooring, T&G on walls, cupboards, shelves, all wood, stained varnished and ready for use. My cat 'Q' is still unsure about it all, she still skids and slides around the new floor, and believe me it's still funny.

So it's a little cosmetic work here and there, and probably more shelves. Can't have enough shelves can you?

Next is the bathroom.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking good! Did you laminate over the 16 year deep strata of assorted detritus and if not did you find anyone interesting buried in it whilst excavating? Can't remember what happened to Spoo - thought he might be in there somewhere...