Tuesday 1 July 2008

Yard / Garden

Early last year, I put up a homemade bird table, with a few hooks for hanging seeds, nuts, fatballs, etc. This got me to looking at my yard in a different way, as a place to sit out and enjoy. So I put on my carpenters hat, built some bedding boxes, assorted soil containing devices, erected some hanging baskets and filled them with flowers, bushes and plants in general.


Despite the crazy weather last year, it was nice to look out into the yard, look at the feeding birds, and watch stuff grow. So this year I would go a stage further with larger bedding boxes and 2 huge benches on which to sit. A cast iron BBQ and chimnea now also adorn the yard.



Just recently I hired a skip and emptied the outside toilet and coal shed of junk. So now if the weather is ok (dry) I can sit out with a brew, more likely a bottle of beer, have BBQ's and generally enjoy my yard.



Oh yes, the cat likes it too (as you can see), maybe some of you may get to experience it for yourself someday.

No comments: